- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structures
- This mortar has larger aggregate for wider joints which helps prevent cracking during the curing process
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, sharp silica with perfect interlocking structure.
- Easy work-ability from high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Our Lime Putty is added in just the right amount to fill the void space in the sand.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly with low shrinkage
- Water shedding & releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs 80 lbs and will last in the bucket indefinitely.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable, however if the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could possibly crack.
Lime Mortar For Stone – 5 gallon bucket holds .6 cubic feet of mortar. We have found that one bucket will re-point approximately 12-24 sq. ft. on most historic stone structures. This quantity will vary depending on the size of the joints in stone. We recommend using an Imer Mixer or our Beater Attachment to “knock up” the mortar before using. This is because the calcium in the mortar must be energized. Remove the water before knocking up. Follow the instructions below. If the original mortar has failed this is most likely due to moisture infiltration issues. Water/moisture mitigation must occur prior to re-pointing; otherwise, our mortar will fail also. Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions!
Made in the USA!
Pallets are available. A pallet consists of 24 buckets: pallet weight excluding the pallet 2,064 pounds.
If you have 1-2 weeks before you need your order, we can put the freight order out to bid. This option can offer significant freight savings. Allow 1 week for transit time. Please call to discuss.