Primer San Tommaso prepares surfaces for the application of lime plasters and lime products.
- Bonds Stucco Lustro, NHL’s, Monolys, Tadelakt, and Lime Putty Finish Plaster to concrete, plasterboard, drywall, and paint.
- Apply to porous or non-porous surfaces with a brush
- Contains sufficient size grains to allow a strong bond
- Prepares incompatible surfaces for the application of interior natural lime finishes
Use for open pore substrates, (lime, cement etc).
Use Primer Plus for closed pore substrates, i.e foam board
Coverage approx. 200- 400 square feet per 4L container
Primer San Tommaso Installation Instructions:
- Prepare the surface by carefully de-greasing oils, removing old wallpaper paste, nicotine and any other material that will prevent good adhesion.
- Before applying, sand or roughen up semi-gloss and glossy surfaces to ensure good adhesion.
- When applying to the exterior in higher temperatures, the surface must be dampened before applying.
- Apply with a brush. A roller is not recommended because the small aggregate will collect within the fiber of the roller and not distribute properly on the wall.
- Only apply between 45 – 85 ° F by brush while avoiding direct sun until the primer has totally dried.
Drying time 4-6 hours depending on temperature and humidity levels.