Our German Gray Lime Mortar Mix is non-hydraulic, premixed with sand and pigments and is ready to use.
- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structure
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, interlocking, sharp silica sand
- Easy work-ability with high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Just the right amount of our lime putty to fill the void space in the sand.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly with low shrinkage
- Water shedding with the correct joint finish
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- The mortar will last indefinitely in the bucket.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable. If the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could crack.
A 5 gal bucket of German Gray Lime Mortar Mix will repoint approximately 65 square feet for a 3/8″ inch wide mortar joint at 3/4″ deep.
We recommend using our beater attachment to “knock up” (mix rigorously for 5 minutes) the mortar. The calcium in the mortar must be energized. Remove the water on the top and save that water to put back on the top if the mortar is not all used at that time. To avoid failure, do not re-point in temperatures below 40°F.
A note about color: A slicked joint verses a weathered joint may appear to be two different colors. Shadowing, joint recession, finishing techniques etc. will affect color perception.
Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions!
Pallets are available. A pallet consists of 24 buckets: pallet weight excluding the pallet 1,920 pounds.
Please call or text to discuss freight orders. The website doesn’t calculate freight.
German Gray Lime Mortar Mix is sold in a 5 gallon bucket and weighs approximately 85 pounds.