This is our non-hydraulic Washburn Brown Lime Mortar Mix for Bedding and Re-pointing in a five gallon bucket, premixed with sand and ready to use. Washburn Brown Lime Mortar gains its color from the sand, pigments, and black slag flecks mixed throughout. Perfect for repointing standard brick joints or stone, not recommended for butterjoints as the aggregate is too large.
- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structure
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, sharp silica with perfect interlocking structure.
- Easy work-ability with high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Just the right amount of our lime putty to fill the void space in the sand.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly with low shrinkage
- Water shedding with the correct joint finish
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs approx. 86 lbs.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable. If the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could crack.
Washburn Brown Lime Mortar Mix 5 gallon bucket will re-point approximately 65 square feet for a 3/8″ wide mortar joint at 3/4″ deep.
We recommend using an Imer Mixer or our drill beater to “knock up” the mortar before using. The calcium in the mortar must be energized. Each bucket comes with water on top that must be removed before knocking up. We do not recommend bagging this mortar as the black slag is too sharp and will not go through the bag easily. To avoid failure, do not re-point in temperatures below 40°F.
A note about color: A slicked joint verses a weathered joint may appear to be two different colors. Shadowing, joint recession, finishing techniques, etc. will affect color perception.
All ingredients sourced and made in the USA!
Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions!
Pallets are available. A pallet consists of 24 buckets: pallet weight 2100 pounds.
Freight quotes are available. This option can offer significant freight savings. Allow 1 week for transit time. Please call 717-917-6436 for shipping questions.