Natural Wheat Lime Mortar Mix
Our lime mortar mix is premixed with sand and ready to use on any restoration, construction, or masonry project. It will need “Knocked Up” to be workable. That occurs after rigorously mixing for at least 5 minutes. Made with the perfect blend of silica sand. Order your lime mortar mix from Lancaster Lime Works today!
Our Natural Wheat Lime Mortar Mix is non-hydraulic for bedding and re-pointing in a five gallon bucket, is premixed with sand and ready to use. This mortar contains no pigment and gains its color from the sand.
- Stand-alone sand binder strong enough for weight-bearing masonry structure
- The sand is a perfect blend of carefully graded, interlocking, sharp silica sand
- Easy work-ability with high plasticity (sticky). Up to 1 1/2″ of mortar will adhere to your slicker.
- Just the right amount of our lime putty to fill the void space in the sand.
- The lime binder is 98% calcium
- Cures/carbonates quickly and thoroughly with low shrinkage
- Water shedding with the correct joint finish
- Water releasing
- Highly permeable
- Cushions and flexes with normal building movements
- Tint-able for durable color matching
- Each bucket weighs approximately 85 lbs and will last in the bucket indefinitely.
- The mortar is freeze/thaw stable, however if the bucket of lime mortar freezes, the bucket could crack
Natural Wheat Lime Mortar Mix comes in a 5 gallon bucket and weighs approximately 85 pounds. Each bucket will re-point approximately 65 square feet for a 3/8″ wide mortar joint at 3/4″ deep.
We recommend using our beater attachment to “knock up” (mix rigorously for 5 minutes) the mortar before using. The calcium in the mortar must be energized. Remove the water on the top and save that water to put back on the top if the mortar is not all used at that time. Natural Wheat Lime Mortar Mix can be installed using a bag, if more water is added, however the addition of water will add mass to the mortar and it will tend to develop shrinkage cracks which must be compressed together as the water leaves the mortar. To avoid failure, do not re-point in temperatures below 40°F.
A note about color: A slicked joint verses a weathered joint may appear to be two different colors even though they are the same color. Shadowing, joint recession, finishing techniques etc. will affect color perception.
All ingredients sourced and made in the USA!
Please follow all safety warnings and installation instructions!
Pallets are available. A pallet consists of 24 buckets: pallet weight excluding the pallet 1,920 pounds.
If you have 1-2 weeks before you need your order, we can put the freight order out to bid. This option can offer significant freight savings. Allow 1 week for transit time. Please call to discuss.
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 15 in|