Monolys – Plaster Finish Coat Interior one coat finish Plaster
- The first setting allows for installation over a larger area which minimizes the danger of cracking
- A second setting occurs with exposure to the air as the lime absorbs CO2 and allows time to achieve a smooth finish
- The high level of free lime promotes vapor exchange and regulation of humidity in the walls
- A very good work-ability that allows the use of lots of tools to obtain a wide range of finishes: plastered, troweled, smooth, floated, scraped, etc.
- is white, color with lime paint or pigments.
- Finish to a smooth or sandy finish depending on preference
This product comes in dry, premixed, 55 pound bags or sample 1 Gal. Pails. We always recommend doing a mock-up. Simply add water and mix up! Coverage is approx 55 sq.² per bag at 1/8″ in thickness.
To install over existing plasters, drywall, and paint: Use the correct primer
Primer San Tommaso should be used before application over open cell substrates such as gypsum board.
Primer Plus should be used before application over closed cell substrates such as smooth lime plaster or blue foam.